A big thank you.
Our final trading date will be Saturday 14th December. Our decision to close was not an easy one, but with the lease up for renewal it seems that moving online is the best way forward for us. We appreciate your support and understanding as we transition the shop into online sales. Thanks for signing up to receive our newsletter, which contains details of some exciting new products as well as information about our new direction and current sale products.
On some days over the next 2 weeks our opening times will be different. We will be closed on Saturday 7th and Thursday 12th December all day and also from 11.30am to 2pm on Tuesday 10th. Please check our Facebook page (Cooroy Drapery) for the most current dates/times.
How will it work?
We will continue to stock many of the quality haberdashery lines that we currently carry including elastic, velcro, cord, Gutermann and Rasant threads, zips, machine needles, hand needles, pins, iron on mender, bias tape and interfacing. We will also be stocking quality fabrics, a range of DMC and Cottage Garden threads, yarns, knitting needles, crochet hooks and quilting supplies as well as many other items.
The website is currently under construction, hopefully it will be operational by early January, it’s a steep learning curve and lots of information to be entered. In the meantime you can email, text or phone your order or query through – (contact details are at the end of this newsletter - business hours only for phone calls please). Plans are to deliver items to Cooroy at least twice a week, at this stage Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons, but unfortunately we are unable to offer pickup at present. If you need something in a hurry please don't hesitate to contact us during business hours and we may be able to offer alternatives. Apologies for any inconvenience while we get everything listed and working properly.
Products just in - sorry no photos
Be sure to check out our latest products on Facebook and Instagram where we will post photos of new and current products, until the website is operational.
- We've received some more of the lovely Australiana fabrics from Leesa Chandler, featuring wildflowers, gum leaves, blossoms, and art deco style prints. You may be familiar with these as we have previously had a range of them in the shop. Price $24 per metre.
- More new Moda Grunge fabrics just arrived, our collection continues to grow with still more colours yet to come. Price $24 per metre.
- New 4 ply sock yarn: Milefiori, Jawoll, TwinSoxx in some yummy new colour combinations. These are $24 per 100g ball.
- New Moda charm squares $22 per pack of 42. Other designs still available include Spotted, Amberley, Guest Room, Twilight, Modern Christmas and Looking Forward.
- Also just in new stocks of P.U.L. fabric, vliesofix, fusible woven interfacing, lightweight cotton wadding, insulated wadding and polyester wadding.
At AQM (Australian Quilt Market) last month in Melbourne we fell in love with this gorgeous quilt by the lovely Anna Maria Horner featuring her upcoming collection “Hindsight” and we're super excited to announce we’ll be offering the kit to make this quilt along with membership to this exclusive club starting in June 2020. The club will run over 5 months, expressions of interest are now being taken but be quick – limited kits available. We will also have a couple of Aurifil special edition thread collections chosen by Anna Maria containing some of her favourites in a collectable tin, which will work beautifully with this quilt. Contact us if you'd like more info.
Our new space
Wanted to share a photo or two of our beautiful new space but unfortunately ran out of time. Will try to show you some pics next month. Everything is looking nice and orderly compared to the current chaos in the shop while we sort and move everything out.
Barbara has done mending and alterations for the shop for many years and will continue to offer these services from her home. Contact her on 5447 6926 or text her mobile 0418476950 to arrange a place and time to meet for all your sewing requirements.
James Hunter, sewing machine mechanic extraordinaire, has also been associated with the shop for many years and offers machine servicing and repairs to all makes and models. Machines can now be dropped off to Karyn from Kaz's Closet, Shop 2/14 Maple Lane (next to the bookshop), phone/text 0457232628. Services generally have one week turnaround (Thursday to Thursday).
Currently on sale in-store only
• Most fabrics – finish off the bolt and get 50% off OR buy min 25cm cut and get 25% off. Some bolts have lots of metres, great for quilt backings or clothing, some only have a small amount left. Be early for the best choice. This includes a great range of batiks, blenders, prints and Tilda (excludes linen, linen/cotton blends, calico, Japanese yarn dyes).
• Moda jelly rolls/layer cakes – now $60 (were $70)
• Riley blake rollie pollies – now 50% off
• Pre cut fat quarters – now $4 (were $6) until sold
• FQ bundles – now $15 (were $24)
• 1 metre precut pieces – now $15 (were $20)
• Judy Golder doll kits/patterns – 50% off
• Sue Daley paper piecing – 50% off
• Selected patterns – 50% off (includes Kwik Sew and McCalls in stock)
• Laces, ribbons and trims – 50% off
• Various shop samples come in and grab a bargain on handmade items
• Shop fittings, sewing machines, spinning wheels and other decorative items must go
Merry Christmas to you and yours
From our family to yours, a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for the upcoming festive season. We are very much looking forward to spending time with family over the Christmas break.
Hard to believe that a new decade is upon us next month. Here's hoping you managed to make some special memories in this one and that the next one doesn't go by so fast.
Until next time
Thanks for being a valued customer of Cooroy Drapery and for your continued support of our small business, we really appreciate it.
Bronwyn and John
If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletters please reply to this email with “unsubscribe”.